We are excited about the children God has given to members of New Life Church. There is no greater treasure that you could receive, and no greater responsibility that you could assume! as Christ followers, we understand that raising our children God’s way involves personal devotion and a complete trust in God. In fact, God created each individual with a unique plan in mind.
The dedication is a decision made by the parent(s) and not by the child himself. Therefore, Child Dedication is a way for parent(s) to commit to God to train, teach, and be godly examples for their children as well as to show trust in God, and thankfulness for His gift. For this reason, New Life Church gladly dedicates a child of a married a couple (a man and a woman) or of a single parent (not living with someone out of wedlock) who is committed to the principles of God’s Word.
As Parents or Parent, we promise to do the following:
- I will make and keep Jesus Christ the foundation of our home.
- 1 Corinthians 3:11 – “For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
- I will do my best to keep God’s Word.
- Deuteronomy 5:29 – “O that there were such a heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children forever!”
- I will fight for my family.
- Nehemiah 4:14 – “After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the rulers, and the rest of the people: ‘Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your homes.'”
- I will love my family unconditionally.
- Ephesians 5:25 – “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it.”
- 1 Cor. 13:4-8 – “Love is patient, love is kind. it does not envy. It does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
- I will teach my child about God’s ways
- Ephesians 6:4 – “Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.”